The Southern Tennis Patrons Foundation provides two $2,000 college scholarships that are awarded to players from the Southern Section who apply for but do not receive USTA Serves college scholarships. Recipients must apply for the USTA Serves scholarships and meet other criteria to be considered.
Your application for the USTA Serves college scholarships will also serve as your application for the Southern Tennis Patrons Foundation's Southern Section scholarships.
The USTA Southern recipients will be selected from those applicants who are not selected for the USTA Serves college scholarships based on the following requirements:
- Been a resident of one of the nine USTA Southern states for at least one full school year
- Do not have a full (tuition and room and board) college scholarship of any kind
- Be an incoming college freshman in the fall
- Be an active tennis player meeting at least one of the following four requirements:
- Top 500 in the Southern standings within the past two years
- Played at least two years on your high school tennis team
- Played at least two years of Jr. Team Tennis
- Played at least two years of NJTL
Selection will be based on five criteria:
- Academic results
- Extracurricular activities
- Tennis participation and results
- Essay and recommendations
- Financial need
Click here to apply for the USTA Serves College Scholarships. Deadline is Feb. 21, 2014.