USTA Southern Manager of Finance, Accounting and Compliance (Part-Time)
The purpose of this position is to provide expert accounting, financial reporting, and compliance to a non-profit encompassing multiple organizations under its umbrella.
Essential Position Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor, insure and enforce financial and compliance policies and procedures throughout USTA family of organizations.
- Protect assets by recommending, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by preparing and providing timely reports and information to Executive Director, Treasurer, Department Heads and External Auditors.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; and recommending plans.
- Monitor budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Ability to read, analyze, report on and forecast on all Accounting- and Finance-related information
- Audit Preparation and Performance Management. Develop budgets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task as position will manage several projects concurrently
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with QuickBooks Enterprise Financial Software
- Strong Accounting background and/or experience
- Computer experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must be able to travel, work weekends, and work out of the USTA Southern office
This position currently has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an office setting. The position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, this position will be offsite at state offices, meetings and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk while offsite; use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 10-20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Typical days and core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5 PM but may require hours outside of the core business hours. One hour unpaid lunch break is provided.
The position requires travel including but not limited to meetings and other USTA-related events.
USTA Southern is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director & COO.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for the position, please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Chris Walling, Director of Adult Competition & Human Resources, at HR@southerntennis.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please no phone calls. The position will remain open until filled.