Kids Tennis Clubs
The Kids Tennis Clubs offers students a chance to enjoy tennis at their school or other facility with a regular schedule, structure and supervision. As of October 2011, USTA Southern had 172 clubs operating in our nine states.
- An after-school or intramural program similar to a chess club, running club, etc.
- Club meets on a regular, on-going basis throughout the school year.
- Can be organized at a school, park, youth center, or tennis facility.
- Offers a mix of supervised and structured play opportunities, including:
– Recess, lunchtime and "open gym" formats (supervised play)
– Team matches, ladder play, fun mixers & play rotations (structured play)
– Field trips to high school/college matches, pro tournaments, and events
– Play exchanges with other Kids Tennis Clubs
– Participation in community Tennis Play Days
- Instruction can be included, but the emphasis is on play
- Kids Tennis Club organizers can be teachers, coaches, parents or volunteers (e.g. retirees, league players, college students).