The USTA Southern Section offers a variety of programs for players of all ages and ability levels. The USA Tennis program pathway is a series of linked progressive tennis programs that makes it easy for players of all ages to try, learn, play and compete in the sport of tennis. Contact your State office coordinator for information on joining or starting one of these programs in your community:
USA SCHOOL TENNIS
- Introduces tennis to youngsters in school through physical education classes
- Provides free equipment, training for teachers, curriculum materials, motivational assemblies and follow-up workshops.
- Reaches over 500,000 students yearly in the South!
USA TENNIS NJTL (National Junior Tennis & Learning Network)
- Introduces players ages 6 -18 to competitive team tennis while emphasizing fun, fitness and friends
- Focuses on fundamentals and positive coaching for youngsters who are comfortable with full-court play
- Matches players of similar age and ability using the Junior National Tennis Rating Program (JNTRP)
- Junior and adult tournaments offered for players of all skill and age levels
- Offer competitive play in District, Section and National events
- A complete list of tournaments in the Southern Section may be found in the "tournaments & results" section of this site.
In addition to the programs listed above, the USTA Southern Section also offers:
- Area Training Centers
- Collegiate programs
- Community Tennis Association development
- Game & Team Matching
- Grant assistance
- Local Excellence Training
- Wheelchair programs