The Tennis on Campus program is a good supplement to a college or university’s physical education tennis classes, intramural program or recreational league that offers students and faculty the chance to represent their fraternity or sorority, dorm or any other campus-based organization in a friendly, yet competitive playing environment.
The playing format is designed to be flexible, so that it will work on any campus and incorporate players of all ability levels. Beginning players may elect to concentrate more on the skill building and social aspects of the game, while more advanced players might form a sport club team and compete against other nearby schools.
The Tennis on Campus program has many benefits for the students and university, which include:
- social interaction
- emphasis on having fun with friends
- a healthy physical workout
- eligibility for the USA Team Tennis National Campus Championships
- an increase in the use of campus tennis facilities
- more support for the school’s varsity tennis teams
- USTA Southern Section staff support
- Curriculum guides and access to low cost equipment
Go to the link for the USTA's national web site for Tennis on Campus.
For more information on starting a USTA Team Tennis program on your campus, please contact your state coordinator below: